What Local Businesses Need to Know About the State of Local SEO
Today on the podcast, I speak with Neil Crist, VP Product & Engineering at Moz. Moz is the leading industry expert on everything SEO, and in his role there, Crist leads the product and engineering teams in the creation of Moz’s portfolio of SaaS products.
On today’s episode, we discuss the ins and outs of Moz’s latest State of Local SEO Industry Report, a survey that was created with the help of nearly 1,500 local search marketers.
The local search market is in a constant state of evolution, but Crist has his finger on the pulse of the landscape and shares his insights and knowledge with us here.
Questions I ask Neil Crist:
- What are the most important ranking factors for small businesses today?
- What role does proximity play in search results?
- At what point does this all become pay to play?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why local marketers are competing against national brands in local search results.
- How changes at Google have thrown off business’s abilities to track attribution to their website.
- Why “people also asked” is a key signal for local marketers to understand.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Neil Crist:
- Learn more about Neil Crist
- Learn more about Moz
- Check out the State of Local SEO Industry Report
- Read the Moz Blog
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
Order your copy of
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
by John Jantsch
“A book that deserves a spot in every entrepreneur’s morning routine.”
—Ryan Holiday, #1 Bestselling Author of The Daily Stoic and The Obstacle is the Way