Today’s guest on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Scott Ayres, content scientist with AgoraPulse’s Social Media Lab.
Ayres and the team at the lab are testing every question a marketer has ever had about social media. Things like, “Should Instagram hashtags go in the caption on the first comment?” Or, “What’s the ideal length for a LinkedIn post sharing your content?”
Rather than relying on stories from marketing folklore, Ayres is using the scientific method to test different approaches on social media to see what really works.
The Social Media Lab is a great resource for marketing consultants, agencies, and business owners who are trying to keep a lot of marketing balls in the air and get the most mileage out of each social media move, while wasting as little time as possible testing approaches that don’t work. On this episode, Ayres shares some of his findings and talks about the current state of social media marketing.
Questions I ask Scott Ayres:
- What kind of social media experiments are you running at the lab?
- How do you account for all the variables that come into play within social media?
- Any huge surprises that you’ve discovered in your experiments?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to create posts accompanying content on social media that get the greatest engagement.
- The secret to effective hashtag placement on Instagram.
- Why what works on social media today might not be effective next year.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Scott Ayres:
- Learn more about AgoraPulse
- Learn more about The Social Media Lab
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Opteo. Opteo is a Google Ads optimization software that helps you automate the day-to-day tasks so you can handle more clients in less time.
Opteo frees you up to focus on higher-level strategy aspects of managing Google Ads accounts, and includes over 40 different optimization suggestions to help you manage keywords, improve ad creative, and optimize bids.
They’ll also send you email or Slack alerts about sudden changes in account metrics, so you’re never left wondering what’s happening with your Google Ads accounts.
To get a free, 6-week extended trial, exclusively for Duct Tape Marketing Podcast listeners, head over to opteo.com/ducttape.