Today on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I visit with sales keynote speaker, author, and pitch whisperer John Livesay.
Livesay is a sales expert who coaches teams on how to become irresistible to their prospects. He’s also the author of the bestselling book Better Selling Through Storytelling: The Essential Roadmap to Becoming a Revenue Rockstar.
While some teams are still out there selling, others have learned to tell stories about what sets their business apart. It’s not enough to simply present your past work and current offerings. Today’s best sales teams are learning to build connection, express empathy, and stand out with storytelling that includes four elements: exposition, clarifying the problem, sharing the solution, and providing a surprise twist for the resolution.
Livesay goes into detail about how any business can learn to create compelling, attention-grabbing stories about their offerings and their team in order to win more new business.
Questions I ask John Livesay:
- How would you describe storytelling in the sales environment?
- Is there a way to use storytelling to get your foot in the door with prospects?
- What is the surprise element you can introduce into your story to help make it more intriguing?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How storytelling in sales can help prospects understand their problem.
- How to improve your storytelling if you’re not a natural.
- How to link your story up with objections.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about John Livesay:
- Learn more about John Livesay
- Order your copy of Better Selling Through Storytelling
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Facebook
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Gusto. Everyone loves payday, but loving a payroll provider? That’s a little weird. Still, small businesses across the country love running payroll with Gusto.
Gusto is making payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses. You no longer have to be a big company to get great technology, great benefits, and great service to take care of your team.
To help support the show, Gusto is offering our listeners an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today, and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll. Just go to Gusto.com/TAPE.