Unlocking the Power of 80/20
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Perry Marshall. He is an online marketing strategist, entrepreneur, and author of numerous books including Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising (Entrepreneur Press), Evolution 2.0: Breaking the Deadlock Between Darwin and Design(BenBella) and Industrial Ethernet (ISA). He and I discuss the 80/20 principle of sales and marketing.
Marshall is one of the world’s most sought-after business consultants. He’s endorsed by FORBES, INC Magazine, and the most respected entrepreneurs in the world. Clients seek his ability to integrate engineering, sales, art, and psychology. His Google AdWords books laid the foundations for the $100 billion Pay Per Click industry, and techniques he pioneered are standard best practices.
Questions I ask Perry Marshall:
- What is the idea of 95/5?
- Why is the “winner takes all” phenomenon on steroids?
- Is there a mathematical-type of equation that says what you should sell, how much it should cost, and who’s going to respond?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why 80/20 isn’t just a business rule of thumb
- What it means to “rack the shotgun”
- How to dominate the niche you’re in
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Perry Marshall:
- Learn more about Perry Marshall.
- Visit starprincipal.com.
- Connect on Facebook.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Connect on LinkedIn.
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
Order your copy of
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
by John Jantsch
“A book that deserves a spot in every entrepreneur’s morning routine.”
—Ryan Holiday, #1 Bestselling Author of The Daily Stoic and The Obstacle is the Way