Make Pinterest Your Marketing Secret Weapon
On the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast today, I visit with visual marketing expert and self-proclaimed “Pinterest nerd,” Alisa Meredith.
Meredith is a social media consultant and the content marketing manager at Tailwind, an Instagram and Pinterest scheduling tool.
Less than a third of marketers are on Pinterest, but Meredith is a huge fan of the platform, and she knows how to get the most out of it for your small business.
In this episode, we talk all things Pinterest: what it is, how it works, what kind of posts are most successful, and what small business owners can and should be doing on the platform to drive conversions and sales.
Questions I ask Alisa Meredith:
- How would you describe the state of social media today, and how has it changed over the last decade?
- Where does social media fit into small business marketing?
- How do I start thinking about Pinterest in the context of marketing my business?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why Meredith considers Pinterest to be more of a search engine than a social network.
- Why Pinterest and Instagram, although both visually-based, are polar opposites.
- How Pinterest can help you meet your business objectives.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Alisa Meredith:
- Learn more about Alisa Meredith
- Learn more about Tailwind
- Follow on Pinterest
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Facebook
- Follow on Instagram
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by ManyChat.
1.3 billion people use Facebook Messenger every day. ManyChat is how you reach them.
ManyChat makes it easy to have automated conversations with prospects and customers through Messenger, SMS, and email. Engage your prospects and build relationships with customers through interactive and tailored content, and drive sales by converting leads with simple, personalized experiences.
To get your free 1-month PRO trial, go to ManyChat.com, click “get started,” and enter the code DUCTTAPE to claim your trial.
Order your copy of
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
by John Jantsch
“A book that deserves a spot in every entrepreneur’s morning routine.”
—Ryan Holiday, #1 Bestselling Author of The Daily Stoic and The Obstacle is the Way