Advice for Today’s Marketing Agency Owners
Today on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I speak with Drew McLellan. A marketing industry veteran, McLellan started his own agency 25 years ago. Since then, he’s both expanded his own business and taken over Agency Management Institute, an organization that helps owners of small to mid-sized marketing firms learn how to position their own businesses for growth.
McLellan hosts his own podcast and is frequently quoted and featured in publications and media outlets such as Entrepreneur, CNN, BusinessWeek, and the New York Times.
On this episode, we talk about everything that goes into running a marketing agency. McLellan shares some of the most common hurdles he sees, predicts trends coming up in the world of marketing, and offers insights into hiring a team and growing an agency.
Questions I ask Drew McLellan:
- When you’re working with agencies, what’s the biggest problem you solve?
- What do you see as the biggest trends that agencies need to be paying attention to?
- How do you navigate the balance between delegating work, managing third-party folks, and taking on work yourself?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How social media fits into today’s broader marketing landscape.
- How to find and attract top-notch talent in a tight job market.
- Why finding a specialty, or area of focus, for your agency is critical to growing your business.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Drew McLellan:
- Learn more about Drew McLellan
- Learn more about Agency Management Institute
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Facebook
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Gusto. Everyone loves payday, but loving a payroll provider? That’s a little weird. Still, small businesses across the country love running payroll with Gusto.
Gusto is making payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses. You no longer have to be a big company to get great technology, great benefits, and great service to take care of your team.
To help support the show, Gusto is offering our listeners an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today, and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll. Just go to Gusto.com/TAPE.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
"This training from Duct Tape Marketing has exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier" ~ Brooke Patterson, VanderMedia