Illuminate the Path Forward
Great leadership involves great storytelling – it’s simply a proven fact.
Storie create emotion and the greatest way to influence someone is to move them.
There’s been a lot written about this topic over the last few years, but few people know how to craft a great story and use that story in a business context than Nancy Duarte.
I great presentation moves people to action and Duart has created some of the greatest presentation of all time. Now she and her business associate take what they’ve learned in helping leaders craft stories and turned it into a complete leadership style.
My guests for today’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast are Nancy Duarte, persuasive presentation expert and founder of Duarte and author of Resonate and Slide:ology, and Patti Sanchez, Chief Strategy Officer of Duarte. Together, they wrote the book. We discuss leadership, communications, persuasion, and how to inspire a group of people to action.
Questions I ask Nancy and Patti:
- What’s the difference between Inspiration and Movement?
- How do you identify which stage of leadership your business is in?
- How have your personal experiences affected your view on leadership?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How communication can affect your business’ growth day-to-day
- Where many businesses may fall off in their progress toward better communication
- Why some companies have internal and external struggles and how to reconcile the two
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by FreshBooks, small business accounting software for non-accountants. Freshbooks is offering a free month of unrestricted access just for Duct Tape Marketing podcast listeners. You don’t even need a credit card to register. To get your free month, go tofreshbooks.com/ducttape and enter DuctTape in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
Order your copy of
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
by John Jantsch
“A book that deserves a spot in every entrepreneur’s morning routine.”
—Ryan Holiday, #1 Bestselling Author of The Daily Stoic and The Obstacle is the Way