If You're Not Participating in Social Media
Gone are the days when all you needed to be on the web was a web site. Today you need to think and act in terms of a total web presence. And that means if youâ€™re not participating in social media, you’re not really online.
Consider these highlights from a wonderfully comprehensive research project developed by Universal McCann.
- 73% of online users read a blog
- 57% join social networks
- 45% have started a blog
- 83% have viewed a video online
- 39% subscribe to RSS feeds
- 36% think more positively about companies that have blogs
Source: Universal McCann Wave3 research into social media
Kind of makes you want to run out and start writing a blog, doesnâ€™t it? Well, if doesnâ€™t then go back and read that last point again. 36% think more positively about companies that have blogs
So, if you’ve been dragging your feet on this – or your boss or board isn’t convinced – use this research to help make your point.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Social Media Snack Facts: 74% Use Social Networks To Manage Peer-to-Peer Relationships
- Report: Social Media Challenging Traditional Media
Order your copy of
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
by John Jantsch
“A book that deserves a spot in every entrepreneur’s morning routine.”
—Ryan Holiday, #1 Bestselling Author of The Daily Stoic and The Obstacle is the Way