I want my iStockphoto fix
I visited with Lesa King, editor of the Graphic Reporter, author the Lynda.com training series – Graphic Secrets for Business Professionals and chief evangelist for iStockphoto for a recent edition of the Duct Tape Marketing podcast.
Lesa gave the Duct Tape Marketing Coach network a guided tour of iStockphoto at my annual gathering of coaches. For those of you who may not know about iStockphoto, you simply must. If you use images, illustrations and video clips in your marketing, this is a gold mine. Great, royalty free stock photos, that are easy to find and inexpensive.
- Some of my favorite tips and tricks Lesa shared had to do with ways to find great photos.
- Do a search and look deeper into the results to find great photos that might not be used by as many folks
- Search by color to find photos that possess a great deal of a color that better compliments your designs
- Search by CopySpace to find photos that are composed in a way that lets you add type to certain areas
- Filter search for shots with people, for orientation and price.
iStockphoto is also a big supporter of Duct Tape Marketing and is offering my readers 10 free credits (good for 5-10 stock photos)
Update: Free credit offer has ended – thanks for such a great response!
Order your copy of
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
by John Jantsch
“A book that deserves a spot in every entrepreneur’s morning routine.”
—Ryan Holiday, #1 Bestselling Author of The Daily Stoic and The Obstacle is the Way