How to Automate a Lead Engagement System
Technology has allowed us to move past the days when we simply drove a prospect to our website, captured their name and email address, and started them in a drip system in hopes that at some point they would click on a link in one of our emails and buy something.
Today’s lead generation system is a fully automated lead engagement system aimed at delivering the right information to the right person at the right time – and helping the sales team spot the perfect prospects ready for further engagement. By chaining together a series of web based applications you can create a system that engages, analyzes, and even gets pretty close to thinking about how to create better leads.
Below is an example of how a system like this might flow
- Run a series of ads using Adwords and Facebook promoting a free downloadable eBook
- Create seriously interactive and user friendly landing page forms with wufoo
- Automatically test two versions of landing pages using a landing page tool like Unbounce or Google website Optimizer
- Landing page success page includes Audio Acrobat audio recorded instructions on what to expect next
- When prospect requests copy of free eBook Solve 360 CRM creates a record and sends email to Flowtown
- Flowtown analyzes the social media activity associated with email and appends CRM record with social media data
- Based on social media activity criteria Flowtown creates influencer alerts and tags records for segmentation
- Segmentation information is sent to Constant Contact to enroll prospect in one of a series of email follow-up campaigns based on social media participation
- Email series invites prospects back to a series of video landing pages using personalized URL technology from SendPepper that also creates a post card mailing with personalized data from the campaign
- When a SendPepper pURL landing page is visited the Solve 360 CRM creates a task and the appropriate sales person receives a mobile alert to call the prospect
A system like this can be created by any size small business and gives you the kind of fire power that would make a salesperson at a Fortune 100 company giddy – as long as you also monitor every aspect using a tool like Google Analytics to help improve conversion at every step.
The entire process can be designed, monitored and tuned in such a way that it feels appropriate and elegant for each prospect that experiences it. While few things will ever replace person to person contact in the world of engagement a well designed lead engagement system is the front line tool that can help you create the know, like, and trust required to get that all important first meeting.
Order your copy of
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
by John Jantsch
“A book that deserves a spot in every entrepreneur’s morning routine.”
—Ryan Holiday, #1 Bestselling Author of The Daily Stoic and The Obstacle is the Way