Marketing Podcast with Melissa Smith
On today’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I visit with Melissa Smith. She is the founder and CEO of the Association of Virtual Assistants, an organization dedicated to setting industry standards and providing training, support, and resources for VAs.
Additionally, Smith is a VA matchmaker, helping harried business owners find the support they need with the perfect VA. Plus she’s a VA trainer, sharing tools and advice with VAs to help them grow their businesses and strengthen their skillsets.
Smith has also written two books on the world of virtual assistants, including Hire the Right Virtual Assistant: How the Right VA Will Make Your Life Easier, Create Time, and Make You More Money. Today, she and I chat about all things virtual assistant, from how the broader industry has changed to how to find the VA that’s the right fit for you and your business.
Questions I ask Melissa Smith:
- How have you seen virtual work evolve over the past decade?
- Is there a definition today of what a virtual assistant is (and is not)?
- How do you find the right virtual assistant?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why it’s beneficial to hire a virtual assistant who is a specialist.
- How to communicate with your virtual assistant in a way that establishes a good working relationship.
- How to strike the right balance between cost and benefits when it comes to hiring a virtual assistant.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Melissa Smith:
- Learn more about the Association of Virtual Assistants
- Order your copy of Hire the Right Virtual Assistant
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Facebook
- Follow on Instagram
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way: by building real, quality customer relationships. That’s where Klaviyo comes in.
Klaviyo helps you build meaningful relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
What’s their secret? Tune into Klaviyo’s Beyond Black Friday docu-series to find out and unlock marketing strategies you can use to keep momentum going year-round. Just head on over to klaviyo.com/beyondbf.