Teaching is the new selling – has been for about ten years now.
But, something has changed in the last year or two. Used to be that people could place some information online and as long as that info was useful, they were teaching.
Today the bar has been raised and it’s no longer enough to teach, today you must educate and produce results. I believe you are going to see many more courses that include a consulting component and a focus on doing, beyond learning.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Danny Iny. Iny is the founder and CEO of Mirasee, the host of the Business Reimagined podcast, and the author of multiple best-selling books, including Teach and Grow Rich. He and I talk about getting rich by teaching and how to grow your business using courses.
Iny is the creator of the acclaimed Audience Business Masterclass and Course Builder’s Laboratory training programs, which have together graduated over 5,000 value-driven online entrepreneurs. He freely shares lessons learned from great successes, major challenges, and even his personal life to support the online entrepreneurial community as a teacher, speaker, angel investor, and advisor.
Questions I ask Danny Iny:
- How have info products changed over time?
- How much accountability do educators have to ensure students get the results they’re looking for?
- Can a course be a part of anybody’s business model?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What the difference is between information and education
- What they keys are to creating a successful course
- What role technology plays in building a course