Today’s guest on the podcast is keynote speaker, author, and founder and Chief Catalyzing Officer at Limitless Possibility, Laura Gassner Otting. With a background in recruiting in the nonprofit sector, she has walked countless leaders through major career shifts and changes.
This work prepared her for what she does now, speaking internationally and writing about how to find our greatest purpose in work and life by using Consonance to carve our own paths.
Her latest book, Limitless: How to Ignore Everybody, Carve Your Own Path, and Live Your Best Life, is about finding balance between our calling, connection, contribution, and control to find our own, unique definitions of success. We discuss the book on today’s episode.
Questions I ask Laura Gassner Otting:
- Does everyone share the same goal of finding purpose in their work?
- How do you find purpose in working towards someone else’s goal?
- What’s wrong with the way we typically set goals?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why the relationship between failure and passion is what can lead to success in the long run.
- How to use the framework of Consonance to find your calling.
- Why living on the edge of your incompetence is the way we learn, grow, and find our passion.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Laura Gassner Otting:
- Learn more about Laura Gassner Otting
- Learn more about Limitless
- Check out the Limitless Assessment
- Follow on Facebook
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Follow on Instagram
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
Want to learn how to get the most from podcast advertising and sponsorship? Check out our ultimate guide on the process.
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way: by building real, quality customer relationships. That’s where Klaviyo comes in.
Klaviyo helps you build meaningful relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
What’s their secret? Tune into Klaviyo’s Beyond Black Friday docu-series to find out and unlock marketing strategies you can use to keep momentum going year-round. Just head on over to klaviyo.com/beyondbf.