What if people came with a guide? Well, apparently they do. Understanding human behavior, including body language and posture, is one of the keys to effective communication at every level.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Vanessa Van Edwards. She is a behavioral investigator, author of Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People, public speaker, and body language trainer. She and I discuss how to figure out what makes people tick, even if you don’t innately have people skills.
She is a Huffington Post columnist and Penguin author, and regularly gives keynotes and appears in the media to talk about her research. She has been featured on NPR, the Wall Street Journal, the Today Show and USA Today.
Questions I ask Vanessa Van Edwards:
- What are some best practices to become instantly likable?
- Where does manipulation play into portraying who you are?
- How important are the common body language topics people talk about (eye contact, handshake, etc)?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why the emotion of fear is a crossdresser
- Why “fake it ’til you make it” isn’t always the best advice
- How “super networkers” work a room
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Vanessa Van Edwards:
- Learn more about Vanessa Van Edwards.
- Read Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People
- Connect on LinkedIn.
- Follow on Facebook.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Subscribe to YouTube channel.
- Email [email protected].
Looking for an awesome WordPress tools for your business? Look no further than Thrive Themes and Thrive Leads. They are packed with features that will not only make your website building life easy, but will make your entire website convert more of your visitors into subscribers, customers & clients. Click here to learn more.
This week’s episode is also brought to you by ActiveCampaign. This is my new go-to CRM, ESP, and marketing automation platform. With its low cost, any size of business can use it. Starting at $19/month, you can keep track of your clients, see who’s visiting your website, and follow-up based on behavior. Learn more here.