For this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing podcast I talked about Exploiting Chaos with TrendHunter founder Jeremy Gutsche. TrendHunter is billed as the world’s largest network for trend spotting and innovation and the site is a terribly entertaining and informative place to spend some time.
Jeremy’s book – Exploiting Chaos – 150 ways to spark innovation during times of change – is a fun and engaging read. The book is filled with bold statements, images and tidbits along with stories that illustrate each point. I found it to be one of the more thoughtful books on the topic of innovation that I’ve read in a long time.
Pick any short chapter and you are certain to be inspired by the creative and sometimes risky thinking.
In our session we talked about:
- About trend spotting
- About new book: Exploiting Chaos
- Expanding on: Exploiting economic recession/turmoil
- Expanding on: Culture is more important than strategy
- Expanding on: Failing through innovation
- Expanding on: Hire freaks
- Uncovering future trends
- Future global trends