Ok, so maybe the title of this post is a little bold, but in this episode, I talk mostly about podcasting with one of the most prolific podcasters on the planet.
If you’re a longtime reader you know that I think podcasting is an amazing tool for lead generation as well as audience building.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is John Lee Dumas. John is is the founder and host of the award-winning podcast EOFire, where he interviews successful entrepreneurs seven days a week. He is also the author of The Freedom Journal, a hard-cover journal that helps guides you to accomplishing your biggest goal in 100 days. As you may have guessed from the title and this introduction, John and I talk about podcasting.
John wasn’t always a podcasting phenomenon. The day he graduated from college, John joined the Army and served our country for seven years before attending law school. After deciding law school wasn’t the right fit, he ventured into the corporate world and lived in Boston, New York and San Diego, where he discovered podcasting. Fast-forward to today, John has over 1 million monthly listeners.
Questions I ask John Lee Dumas:
- Is there anything new in the world of podcasting that people should be paying attention to?
- What does your process look like once you’ve finished recording an episode?
- What are your thoughts on the hype around live video?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why choosing a niche is critical for a successful podcast.
- What tools are recommended for podcast production and post-production.
- The importance of goal setting and how to accomplish these goals.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about John Lee Dumas:
- Learn more about EOFire
- Order your copy of The Freedom Journal
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Facebook
- Follow on Instagram
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by SEMrush.
SEMrush is our go-to SEO tool for everything from tracking position and ranking to doing audits to getting new ideas for generating organic traffic. They have all the important tools you need for paid traffic, social media, PR, and SEO. Check it out at SEMrush.com/partner/ducttapemarketing.