Creating Content that Ranks in Local Search
On this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I chat with Ian Cantle and Dan Gershenson, who are both marketing experts and members of the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network.
Ian Cantle runs Outsourced Marketing and Dan Gershenson runs High Caliber Branding. They met through the Duct Tape Marketing Consultant network and have now come together with three other marketing consultants to co-author a book: Content Marketing for Local Search.
They stop by the podcast to discuss the ins and outs of a smart, modern content marketing strategy; one that strikes a balance between your prospects and customers’ needs throughout their customer journey, while also providing Google and search engines with the SEO elements they demand.
Questions I ask Dan Gershenson and Ian Cantle:
- What’s it like writing a book with three other co-authors?
- How do you balance the educational, trust-building elements of content creation with the sales-minded aspects of content?
- How does a business owner decide what to write about?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to strike a balance between optimizing content for Google search and writing content that your prospects actually want to read.
- How to decide the type of content you want to create, and finding the right mix of short- and long-form content.
- What role reviews play within a business’s broader content plan.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Dan Gershenson and Ian Cantle:
- Learn more about Dan Gershenson and High Caliber Branding
- Learn more about Ian Cantle and Outsourced Marketing
- Pre-order your copy of Content Marketing for Local Search
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Intercom. Intercom is the only business messenger that starts with real-time chat, then keeps growing your business with conversational bots and guided product tours.
Intercom’s mission is to help you provide simple, quick, and friendly service for your customers. When you can give your customers the one thing they’re looking for, you’ll generate amazing results for your business.
Want to learn more and take advantage of a 14-day free trial? Just go to intercom.com/podcast.
Order your copy of
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
by John Jantsch
“A book that deserves a spot in every entrepreneur’s morning routine.”
—Ryan Holiday, #1 Bestselling Author of The Daily Stoic and The Obstacle is the Way