Using a Framework to Create Inventive Content
Today on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I sit down with marketing expert Melanie Deziel.
Deziel is a keynote speaker, author, award-winning branded content creator, and lifelong storyteller. She is driven by a desire to help brands create compelling and credible content to share with their audience.
She is the author of The Content Fuel Framework: How to Generate Unlimited Story Ideas, and the founder of StoryFuel, which teaches entrepreneurs and companies how to tell better brand stories.
Before StoryFuel, Deziel served as the first editor of branded content at The New York Times, a founding member of HuffPost’s brand storytelling team, and was Director of Creative Strategy for Time Inc.
Today on the podcast, Deziel and I discuss her book, and she shares how any business—no matter their size or resources—can establish a framework for creating compelling content that their audience is excited to consume and share.
Questions I ask Melanie Deziel:
- What’s the focus of your book that’s going to make it different from other books out there about storytelling?
- Is there a finite collection of focuses a business should try to take on?
- Not everyone listening has a content team. If someone only has the bandwidth to create in one format, where should they focus their time?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How a framework built around focus and format can help you generate new, novel content.
- How to get more efficient in your content creation when you’re short on time and money.
- Why our content is influenced by how our audience wants to consume content.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Melanie Deziel:
- Learn more about Melanie Deziel and StoryFuel
- Pre-order your copy of The Content Fuel Framework
- Learn about the Content Fuel Game and download the worksheet for free with the code DUCTTAPE
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Instagram
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Zephyr.
Zephyr is a modern, cloud-based CMS that’s licensed only to agencies. The system is lightweight, easy to use, and incredibly fast. And with an array of beautiful themes to choose from, you can get your clients’ websites up-and-running quickly and with less effort. Or, if you’d rather build a custom site, Zephyr includes agency services to be your plug-and-play dev shop.
Zephyr is passionate about helping agencies create great websites for their clients. To learn more, go to Zephyrcms.com.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
"This training from Duct Tape Marketing has exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier" ~ Brooke Patterson, VanderMedia