Today on the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I sit down with consultant and community strategy and management expert Jono Bacon.
Bacon served as director of community at GitHub, Canonical, XPRIZE, and OpenAdvantage before founding his own consulting firm. His clients include Huawei, Microsoft, Intel, Google, Santander, SAP, and others.
He’s also the author of three books, The Art of Community, Dealing with Disrespect, and the forthcoming People Powered (due out in November 2019).
On this episode, Bacon and I discuss the role of community in business, and what organizations can do to build a healthy, thriving community for their brand.
Questions I ask Jono Bacon:
- What’s the first step for building and integrating a community into an existing organization?
- How do you balance offering rewards with building real loyalty?
- Can online communities move beyond the bounds of the internet and out into the real world?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How linking your community up with a sense of purpose forms a solid foundation for growth.
- What kind of time and effort brands need to put into managing their communities.
- What role leadership plays in community management.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Jono Bacon:
- Learn more about Jono Bacon
- Pre-order your copy of People Powered
- Follow on Facebook
- Follow on Twitter
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Intercom. Intercom is the only business messenger that starts with real-time chat, then keeps growing your business with conversational bots and guided product tours.
Intercom’s mission is to help you provide simple, quick, and friendly service for your customers. When you can give your customers the one thing they’re looking for, you’ll generate amazing results for your business.
Want to learn more and take advantage of a 14-day free trial? Just go to intercom.com/podcast.