Be Less Busy And More Productive
I think a lot of entrepreneurs fall into the trap of being busy and calling it being productive. Busy is really easy – productive is really hard.
Busy is checking email, reading Facebook and listening to podcasts. Now, some of that may actually be productivity inducing, but real productivity is probably more like focusing on important strategic relationships, finishing that new product or completing the proposal for that new client.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Tony Crabbe, business psychologist and author of the new book Busy: How to Thrive in a World of Too Much. We discuss his new book and how to avoid the distractions of modern work.
Technology and social networks certainly make it easy to lose the focus on your highest payoff work so it’s important to build habits that support priorities over busywork.
Questions I ask Tony:
- Are we really busier than ever or does it just seem that way?
- How can someone manage time better?
- What about social media, how does that affect us psychologically?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How technology makes you feel busier and under more pressure
- How these trends in behavior and technology affect productivity
- How to analyze and prioritize your tasks to be more productive
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
"This training from Duct Tape Marketing has exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier" ~ Brooke Patterson, VanderMedia