Automatically Add Blog Posts to Your Facebook Fan Page Wall
Update: After I posted this Notes started acting odd, so you might also looked at the NetworkedBlogs app to accomplish the same.
There are lots of plugins and apps that make it very easy to republish blog content to your Facebook personal wall, but many businesses these days are much more interested in publishing new blog posts to their Fan Pages.
There are a number of applications, both free and paid, that can help you do this, but Facebook has a built in tool that I think is the best option.
One of the native Facebook apps is something called Notes. Notes has a number of interesting uses, but if you dig just a bit you’ll discover that you can add an RSS feed as a note. When you add the Notes application to your FanPage and add your blog’s RSS feed as a new note, Facebook adds a tab that is the name of your blog and automatically updates your wall stream with the latest blog posts.
I like this approach because it’s easy and because Notes is not a 3rd party application – meaning when Facebook makes a change it will still work. I also like that it automatically updates your newsfeed when your RSS feed updates.
Here’s how to get it work for you
- Open your fan page (this assumes you have one)
- Click on the + to add the Notes Tab if you don’t have it added already
- Click on Notes Tab and hit Add New Note
- You will get a form for adding notes, but instead click on the Notes Icon above the form (See Image #1 below)
- From this screen you will see that you can import a blog. Add the URL to your RSS feed and hit Start Importing.(See Image #2 below)
- The Notes app will populate this page with your last few blog posts. Not e that a number will jump to your wall page with this first import, but from then on when you publish a new post it will show up in the stream. (See image #3 below)
Order your copy of
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
by John Jantsch
“A book that deserves a spot in every entrepreneur’s morning routine.”
—Ryan Holiday, #1 Bestselling Author of The Daily Stoic and The Obstacle is the Way