Are You Too Online?
Blogging, RSS, podcasting, social and local SEO, online PR, social networks, video services, and other online branding tools have leveled the playing field for the entrepreneur wise enough to tap this awesome toy store.
But, the ease at which these tools can be accessed can lead some businesses away from proven offline marketing strategies and tactics at the expense of true marketing momentum.
The beauty of a solid Internet presence is what it can do to enhance your overall marketing footprint. Your overall marketing momentum and growth can lean heavily on new media, but should not do so at the expense of a fully rounded effort.
- Direct mail can be enhanced with online offer fulfillment
- Magazine ads can be enhanced with webinars
- Blogs can help you build a local community of partners
- Networking offline can help you move people to network online
- Pay-per-click advertising can help refine offline headlines
- Social networks are a great place to locate offline strategic partners
The trick is to leverage all the tools available to you (on and off) to meet the overall objectives of marketing – building know, like, trust, try, buy, repeat and refer.
To neglect the awesome power, reach and control still available through many offline vehicles is a little like mimicking the dog with a bone who sees its shadow in a reflection of water and drops the bone it has to grab the bone it sees as somehow bigger and better.
Use online and offline tactics to support each other and watch your marketing results grow exponentially.