A Google Calendar List of Events Feed on Your Web Site
If you’ve ever wanted to easily publish a schedule of upcoming event, deadlines or even birthdays as a dynamic list rather than a calendar style page here’s an RSS trick for you to use. (This can be done on a public or private page)
- Create a free Google Calendar account and slug in all the dates on the calendar (Any shareable calendar will do)
- Google automatically creates an RSS feed for your calender – take this URL and create free Feedburner account
- Optimize the feed using the Event Feed option from Feedburner
- Publish the feed using Feedburner’s BuzzBoost option – lots of options for display
- Paste the code Feedburner produces for you on the page you would like your list to show
Using this formula produces a dynamically changing list of events that will run from first up to last, automatically drop events that have passed, and automatically bring in future events per your settings. Now, anyone with access to a web browser and your Google Calendar account can update and edit your events list.
Here’s an example I use for my upcoming speaking events (see the right sidebar) Bonus – you can easily set this up so others can subscribe to this events list too.