You know you should turn your service into an ebook product, create a new workshop, start a podcast, yada, yada, yada. Sometimes knowing and doing have a hard time intersecting. I learned years ago one of the best ways to get something done is to give myself no choice.
There is a fable that tells about a captain coming ashore to conquer a new land and finding his forces outnumbered 10-1. Seeing this a sergeant asked what they should do, to which the captain replied, “burn the boats.”
- If you want to create a new product – buy an ad for it in a magazine that publishes in 3 months
- If you want to get into public speaking – offer to speak for free everywhere you can
- If you want to hold a teleseminar training course – start promoting the dates now
- If you need to ramp up sales – place an ad for a salesperson today
- If you want to start you own business – start getting clients now
- If you want to get in shape – enter a 10K coming up (that was a bonus one!)
Years ago I received a call from someone wanting to buy a product I hadn’t actually created, but I had always intended to. So, I sold her one – and then I had to create it! Funny how your priorities can change when you have no choice. Don’t be afraid to succeed.