Despite the awesome power of LinkedIn for B2B lead mining I see very few people using it well.
Because so many people simply spam folks a lot of people have actually started to ignore LinkedIn as a lead generation source.
Like everything worth doing, it takes work to do it well.
If you put in the work to research and connect in meaningful ways LinkedIn can be the most potent marketing network out there.
Think about it – people turn to Facebook to be entertained. They turn to Twitter for quick hits and links. They turn to LinkedIn to find a job, make a connection or do business with a supplier.
The problem is that most people just d0n’t want to put in the work it takes to develop a relationship based on value. I’m not suggesting it’s easy – I’m simply saying if you do it right, it’s worth it.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Mike Montague, public speaker, author and certified trainer at Sandler Training. He is also a contributor to the LinkedIn and Sandler book: LinkedIn – The Sandler Way. We talk about social selling, particularly on LinkedIn.
Questions I ask Mike:
- How do you create a hot sales list on LinkedIn?
- Where do you find more people to connect with on LinkedIn?
- How do you nurture a relationship to the point to where you can ask for a meeting?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why you don’t need a bunch of followers on LinkedIn.
- How LinkedIn has changed over the years.
- How and how not to use groups.