Getting Salespeople and Prospects on the Same Side
On today’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing podcast, I visit with B2B strategic consultant and sales expert Ian Altman.
Altman created, built, and sold his own business-services and technology companies over two decades. Since then, he’s turned his attention to researching how customers make decisions.
His revolutionary approach to sales is outlined in the book Same Side Selling, which he co-authored with Jack Quarles. In this episode Altman and I discuss a new approach to sales: one where you position yourself as being on the same side as your prospective customers, rather than framing it as an adversarial relationship.
Questions I ask Ian Altman:
- What does same side selling bring to the world of sales?
- What is the concept of finding impact together?
- How do companies get a handle on what they’re good at solving for their clients?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to identify prospects that are motivated to find a solution to the problem you solve.
- What the connection is between selling and teaching.
- How to use your prospect’s own words to sell them on your solution.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Ian Altman:
- Learn more about Ian Altman
- Learn more about Same Side Selling
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Rev.
Rev offers quick and accurate transcription services. Whether you’re looking to transcribe a video or podcast episode, want to record a meeting, hope to dictate a blog post or even a book, Rev can help you get it done.
We at Duct Tape Marketing use Rev for transcription of all our podcast episodes, and we have a special offer for you. Go to https://www.rev.com/blog/dtm to secure a $100 coupon for new users.