Overcoming Objections in Sales
On today’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Jeb Blount, author of 10 books on sales, leadership, and customer experience.
He is also a sought-after speaker, who delivers hundreds of keynote speeches, trainings, and workshops each year around the globe. Blount also advises leaders through his training programs, Sales Gravy and Innovate Knowledge.
Blount and I sit down to talk about his latest book, Objections: The Ultimate Guide for Mastering the Art and Science of Getting Past No. He shares what he’s learned over the years about the art of sales and getting from a no to a yes in sales discussions.
Questions I ask Jeb Blount:
- Why write a book focused solely on the topic of objections?
- What are red herring, micro-commitment, and buying-commitment objections?
- How do you develop the habit of asking questions before jumping into your sales pitch?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why the feeling of rejection is more biological than psychological, and what you can do to overcome it.
- How to create a moment to think so that you can get past the objection with rationality.
- Why breaking through the initial resistance can change the whole sales conversation.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Jeb Blount:
- Learn more about Jeb Blount
- Learn more about Sales Gravy
- Order your copy of Objections
- Connect on Facebook
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Break Through the Noise, the new book from Tim Staples. Staples is the co-founder and CEO of Shareability, a company that uses content, data and technology to drive explosive growth for major brands like AT&T, Hyatt, and the Olympics and major celebrities like Cristiano Ronaldo, John Cena and Leonardo DiCaprio.
In this book, Staples shares his nine-step approach that anyone can use to launch their product or service, capturing the attention of millions of people online, without having to spend millions of dollars.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn - Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND