Welcome to the Ultimate Marketing Strategy Plan for Small Business
You must develop a strategy before you even think about the tactics. This is the key element to make marketing effective. You must have an approach that is focused on a very specific type of client, with a very specific need or problem, and a promise to solve that problem in a very specific way.
Visit our Essential Marketing Strategies for Small Business podcast to get an audio overview of the Guide to small business marketing strategy.
Want us to build a marketing strategy for you?
Watch this video archive where John Jantsch explains his approach to creating a small business marketing strategy.
Small business marketing strategy table of contents
Understanding and choosing your Ideal client
In marketing today it’s common to hear that you must know who your target audience is in order to be effective. This implies that you determine the makeup of a market your business is most likely to attract. What if you began to think about who you like to attract - your ideal client.
- Getting Started with Defining Your Ideal Client [Podcast]
- Understanding, Narrowing, and Choosing your Ideal Client
- How to Discover Your Perfect Target Customer in 5 Steps
- Finding Your Ideal Client
- The Secret to Finding Highly Profitable Clients
- Understanding Your Ideal Client
- How to Create an Ideal Client Profile
- Attract Your Ideal Customer with Perfectly Positioned Content
Solving problems vs providing solutions
Nobody wants what you sell. They want their problems solved. Keep that in mind. Very few people want the things, the services, and the solutions that we sell.
Crafting the visual elements of your brand
The color, the fonts, the way your office looks - all of those things go into either supporting the brand promise or taking away from it. I’m not saying that you have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on getting designs to make everything look perfect, but the elements should support what your message is. They should support who you’re trying to talk to.
- How to Build a Small Business Brand Through Design [Podcast]
- The Importance of Visual Elements in Your Brand Strategy
- Know Good Design
- Why You Need Visual Content
- What Every Marketer Should Know About Color Theory
- 20 Actionable Tips to Build a Winning Visual Brand Identity
- 3 Tips for Creating a Memorable Visual Brand Identity
Using content as the voice of strategy
Content has grown beyond just being a tactic. Content really is air. It’s the thing that powers the entire customer journey. It’s the way for us to actually create the voice of our strategy.
- Using Content As Your Voice of Strategy
- Content as an Essential Strategy
- How to Make Content the Voice of Strategy
- Content is a Verb, Content is a Strategy?
- How to Make Strategy More Than a Nice Idea
- How to Create a Content Strategy That Will Actually Drive Results
- How a Content Marketing Strategy Drive Your Bottom Line
Guiding the Customer Journey – The Marketing Hourglass
Part of your marketing strategy has to be an understanding of how you are going to guide the customer journey.
The way people buy today has changed so dramatically that we have to understand that it’s our job not to corral or create demand but to be around and organize the behavior that the buyer actually wants to participate in.
- The Marketing Framework That is a Must For Your Business
- How to Build Your Marketing Hourglass
- How to Develop Content for Every Stage of the Customer Journey
- 7 Steps of the Content Hourglass
- How to Guide the Customer Journey
- Use the Marketing Hourglass to Examine the Customer Journey
- Guiding the Customer Journey
Want us to create a marketing strategy plan for your small business?
Hello there - you have found the bottom of the page! John