The Secrets to Leading Creative People
This week on the Duct Tape Marketing podcast, I speak with Todd Henry. Henry is a writer and speaker who travels extensively to talk about creativity, leadership, and productivity. He gives keynotes and leads workshops on the topics and has helped teams and audiences around the globe.
He has also written four books, which have been translated into more than a dozen languages. His latest, Herding Tigers: Be the Leader That Creative People Need, is a practical handbook for managers who lead creative teams. On today’s episode, we talk about the processes and approach outlined in the book, and Henry shares practical tips for getting the most out of a creative team.
Questions I ask Todd Henry:
- How does leading creative people differ from being a creative leader?
- What do creative people need that is fundamentally different?
- What percentage of a leader’s job is keeping creatives inspired?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why creative people need a leader that offers stability and a challenge.
- Why our own insecurities as leaders can be the areas that cause the most damage to our teams and our businesses, if we’re not careful.
- How conflict about ideas, not personality, can actually be healthy for your team.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Todd Henry:
- Learn more about Todd Henry
- Order a copy of Herding Tigers
- Check out The Accidental Creative
- Follow him on Facebook
- Follow him on Twitter
- Follow him on Instagram
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn - Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND