How to Become a Thought Leader
Thought leadership – now there’s a term that’s been abused of late. Yes, thought leadership is a tremendous posture to work from, but it’s earned, not proclaimed.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Elizabeth Marshall. I like to call her the consultant to the stars.
She has helped influential thought leaders including Seth Godin, Michael Port, and former Starbucks President, Howard Behar, and is the co-author of The Contrarian Effect: Why It Pays (Big) to Take Typical Sales Advice and Do the Opposite. She and I discuss the 10 elements of a thought leader platform that you want to be thinking about at any given time.
In this session, Elizabeth and I cover some of the most important elements of building a though leadership platform.
Questions I ask Elizabeth Marshall:
- Is there a path that a person should take to be a thought leader?
- What is the difference between your strategic relationships and your audience?
- Where does the business model fit into thought leadership?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why you should consider thought leadership
- What a deep dive into the 10 elements of thought leadership look like
- Why you need to be consistent and meaningful
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Elizabeth Marshall:
- Learn more about Elizabeth Marshall.
- Learn more about the Thought Leader Platform Diagnostic and book your session.
- Buy The Contrarian Effect: Why It Pays (Big) to Take Typical Sales Advice and Do the Opposite.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Connect on LinkedIn.
- Connect on Facebook.
- Email email@example.com.
Looking for an awesome WordPress tools for your business? Look no further than Thrive Themes and Thrive Leads. They are packed with features that will not only make your website building life easy, but will make your entire website convert more of your visitors into subscribers, customers & clients. Click here to learn more.
This week’s episode is also brought to you by ActiveCampaign. This is my new go-to CRM, ESP, and marketing automation platform. With its low cost, any size of business can use it. Starting at $19/month, you can keep track of your clients, see who’s visiting your website, and follow-up based on behavior. Learn more here.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
"This training from Duct Tape Marketing has exceeded my expectations and I couldn't be happier" ~ Brooke Patterson, VanderMedia