How Human Connection Elevates Marketing
This week on the Duct Tape Marketing podcast, I welcome back Seth Godin. A marketing expert and best-selling author of 19 books, Godin stops by to discuss his latest title, This is Marketing: You Can’t Be Seen Until You Learn to See.
He shares why creating empathy and human connection are not only the secrets to great marketing; they’re also the keys to doing work that you can truly be proud of—work that can change the world.
Godin has inspired millions of business owners and entrepreneurs and teaches the precepts of effective marketing and leadership in his books, on his blog, and through his public speaking. In addition to his writing and speaking, he is also the founder of two companies, Squidoo and Yoyodyne (acquired by Yahoo!).
Questions I ask Seth Godin:
- What’s changed the most about marketing since you first started in the industry?
- How do we develop an empathetic approach to marketing?
- How do you make storytelling a big part of your marketing?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why today’s smart marketers are being careful with the attention they have.
- How the hustle is destroying marketing.
- What people actually want from a brand.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Seth Godin:
- Learn more about Seth Godin
- Order a copy of This Is Marketing
- Check out Seth’s bonus page for our podcast listeners
- Learn more about The Marketing Seminar
- Follow on Twitter
- Follow on Facebook
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
Order your copy of
The Self-Reliant Entrepreneur
by John Jantsch
“A book that deserves a spot in every entrepreneur’s morning routine.”
—Ryan Holiday, #1 Bestselling Author of The Daily Stoic and The Obstacle is the Way