A Lead Nurturing Technology
Lead nurturing, the act of moving a lead logically along the path of know, like and trust, takes systems thinking. Not every prospect you meet at the Chamber function is going to jump at the change to spend their money with you just because you’ve got a nice business card. Or maybe you’ve finally connected with that big fish at company X on LinkedIn, now what? You’ve got to woo them a bit, get their attention with your follow-up and, in my opinion, your stylish use of technology tools.
Recently, I started using a technology, Enthusem, that I think fits the lead nurturing bill in a very nice way.
At the most basic level Enthusem is a card sending service. You design a greeting type card or cards, input an address and the system sends your card out first class the next day.
Nothing totally new about that approach, but here are few nice differences:
- The card is very high quality stock and printing
- Card is delivered in see through vellum envelope – stands out and gives the impact of your message before opened – first class stamp
- Card carries whatever personal message you wish
But, this is where it becomes a powerful lead nurturing tool:
- Card invites reader to visit a landing page on your site
- This landing page can carry any kind of message – ebook download or audio or video greeting
- Once recipient visits the page, you get an email alerting you to follow-up
This type of systematic follow-up and nurturing step makes it easy for you to get a prospect’s attention and focus your follow-up in a timely manner on those most interested in moving to the next step. I might not use this tool in a bulk way, but as a personalized, hi-tech, hi-touch tool, it looks like a winner to me.