Welcome to the Small Business Guide
to Website Design
Your website is the heart of your online marketing efforts. All other channels should drive users back to your website, so it's critical that you build the most effective one that you can. Good website design is way bigger than just building a site that looks appealing. Truly effective website design is about the substance underlying the style.
A well-designed site is one that gives you the best shot at showing up in relevant searches, getting discovered by prospects, and providing a superior user experience for visitors no matter where they are in the customer journey.
Full table of contents
When you hear the words "website design" what's the first thing that comes to mind? If you immediately thought of font, color, or images, you're missing out on the bigger design picture. Those superficial elements are part of a website's style, but a website's design is about creating a highly-functional site that drives conversions.
- 10 Things to Consider About Your Website in 2019
- How to Build a Website that Generates Leads
- The Five Elements of Effective Website Design for Any Business
- Visual Design Factors to Consider for Your Website
- Website Mistakes Businesses Often Make
- Selecting the Right Tools to Improve Your Business's Website
- Ideal Visitor Optimization is the New Website Design
- 13 Point Checklist for the Perfect Website Redesign
- 27 Research-Backed Web Design Tips: How to Design a Website that Works
- 14 Essential Tips in 2018 for Improving Your Website Design
Building for structure, not style
The way your site is structured has everything to do with how successful you'll be in attracting prospects and making conversions. When you build your site with a strong structural foundation, you'll outpace the competition who focused on style over substance.
- Why Your Website's Structure Matters, and What You Can Do to Optimize It
- The Five Factors That are Hurting Your Client's Website
- How to Write Effective Website Copy
- Why the Majority of Websites Fail
- How to Help Clients Effectively Segment Content on Their Websites
- Tips for Getting Your Audience to Stay On Your Website Longer
- Why Your Website Should Focus on Storytelling, Not Design
- How to Design a Site Structure Visitors and Search Engines Love
- The Ultimate Guide to Site Structure
Building for SEO
Not matter how well-structured and beautiful your website is, it's all for naught if no one ever sees it. There are steps you can take to incorporate SEO into the very core of your site. This is the kind of design that ensures you rank on that first page of search results and get the greatest reach for your site.
- Why You Should Focus on Designing an SEO-Friendly Website (And How to Do It)
- Why Your Website Must Be Mobile Friendly
- How to Create a Mobile Website That Gets Found by Google
- Why Nobody is Finding Your Content
- Five SEO Error Fixes to Boost Your Website Traffic by 20% in Two Weeks
- A Visual Guide to Local SEO for Small Business Websites
- What is Structured Data & Schema for Website & SEO
- Strategic SEO Decisions to Make Before Website Design and Build
- Create a Website with SEO in Mind: Technical Pointers
- How to Create a Site Structure That Will Enhance SEO
Establishing trust is one of the most important steps in wooing prospects. And maintaining trust is the key to turning one-time customers into repeat referrers. Building a website that demonstrates that your company is honest, consistent, and takes security seriously is the way to clear the trust hurdle.
- Four Tips for Creating a Website Users Trust
- 10 Reasons Why People Don't Trust Your Website
- Why Your Site Must Switch to HTTPS (And How to Do It)
- How to Build Trust With Your Audience
- 5 Landing Page Mistakes that Erode Trust
- How and Why to Upgrade Your Website to HTTPS
- How to Build a Trustworthy Website
- How to Build Trust Online: 7 Little Ways to Build a Trustworthy Website
Hello there - you have found the bottom of the page! John