My guest for this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is management consultant and author of a dozens of books, including the mega best seller In Search of Excellence, Tom Peters. Some would suggest, and I would have trouble arguing, that Peters is the most influential business voice since Peter Drucker.
His new book The Little BIG Things is a fabulous collection of very solid information presented in snack size format. These kinds of books are so easy to read and can be picked up at any point in the book and still deliver great value. Peter’s message of old fashion decency rings very true in today’s business environment.
Peter’s body of work about leadership, attitude, and business in general is such an important and positive force that I think every business owner should read this book and others written by him. He refers to this book as stuff your grandmother taught you that you forgot and I think that’s a great reminder.
In this interview we talk about:
- China and India and the need to learn about what’s going on there
- Focus on the topline as well as the bottom line
- Helping competitors in tough times
- Being decent and kind is not being soft headed
- What Exxon does that BP did not
- Why BrandU is more important than ever