Is Being Congruent the Secret to Making More Money?
Don’t let the title of this post fool you, it’s not about doing something to make more money, it’s about being true to yourself and the fact that often that’s the secret to success that few talk about.
If you hang around a long-time entrepreneur for any length of time you’re bound to hear their origin story – and there’s a pretty good chance that if you tracks the ups and down of their working past you’ll see some moments when they made a turn in the road that had great impact.
It’s fashionable these days to refer to the idea of “pivoting” a business to adjust to market demand, but I think most individual entrepreneurs do a lot of pivoting but it’s often a move to regain some congruence.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Carrie Wilkerson. She is a best-selling author, international speaker, radio guest, and sought-after “really nice person.” She is the author of The Barefoot Executive. She and I discuss why alignment and congruency are so important for business success.
Questions I ask Carrie Wilkerson:
- What are your tips for marketing a new brand?
- Why is it valuable to find a niche?
- How can people say focused when numerous opportunities come their way?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to pivot to a new opportunity without losing momentum from past brand recognition and efforts
- How to be seen, be heard, and be helpful
- How to get more done by having fewer priorities
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Carrie Wilkerson:
- Learn more about Carrie Wilkerson.
- See what Wilkerson is speaking about.
- Read The Barefoot Executive.
- Read what Wilkerson is reading: Necessary Endings by Dr. Henry Cloud and The Brain Warrior’s Way by Dr. Daniel G. Amen.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Connect on LinkedIn.
- Connect on Facebook.
- Follow on Instagram.
- Follow on YouTube.
- Email [email protected].
If you like the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, you may also like my other podcast, The Consulting Spark, where I interview independent marketing consultants and agency owners and talk about how they built their business, the struggles they face, and what they love about being in this business. Check it out at ducttapemarketingconsultant.com.