Investing in Yourself and Your Team to Grow Your Business
On this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I speak with Steve Bousquet, founder and owner of American Landscape and Lawn Science.
Bousquet went to college dreaming of moving to New York and building a high-powered career on Wall Street. But then came the market crash of 1987, and suddenly, entering the world of finance was no longer a viable dream.
So he pivoted away from finance and back towards the work that he had done during his college years: lawn care. What started as a business mowing lawns on his own has blossomed into a landscape and lawn science business with thousands of customers.
Today, Bousquet shares what he’s learned about running a business over the last 38 years. As he transitioned from technician to business owner and leader, he’s invested in training for himself and his team (and helpful tools, like the Profit First and Pumpkin Plan systems) to grow a thriving organization.
Questions I ask Steve Bousquet:
- What was the journey that led you to where you are in business today?
- As your business grew, what aspects of it got harder?
- What did you learn from your acquisition of another company?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to strike the right balance between technician and leader as your business grows.
- How entrepreneurs can continue to invest in their own personal growth and education.
- What you can do to intentionally influence the culture of your organization.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Steve Bousquet:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way: by building real, quality customer relationships. That’s where Klaviyo comes in.
Klaviyo helps you build meaningful relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
Want to learn more? Head to Klaviyo.com/ducttape to schedule a demo.