Honest Startup Advice From Somebody Who’s Been Through It
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Rand Fishkin. He is the founder and former CEO of Moz and currently has a new venture called SparkToro, a software and data company focused on helping people understand how and where to reach their target audiences. He and I discuss his new book, Lost and Founder: A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World.
Fishkin is a frequent keynote speaker on marketing and entrepreneurship topics around the world. In his spare time, he likes to hang out with his wife and eat pasta.
Questions I ask Rand Fishkin:
- Where does SEO sit today?
- Why include the painfully honest advice in your book?
- What is some common advice you give people?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why you need to discover your unique value
- How Fishkin’s business point of view has changed over the years
- What’s coming next in the marketing world
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Rand Fishkin:
- Read Lost and Founder: A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World.
- Learn more about SparkToro.
- Learn more about Moz.
- Follow on Facebook.
- Follow on Twitter.
- Connect on LinkedIn.
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Gusto! Payroll and benefits are hard. Especially when you’re a small business. Gusto is making payroll, benefits, and HR easy for modern small businesses. You no longer have to be a big company to get great technology, great benefits, and great service to take care of your team.
To help support the show, Gusto is offering our listeners an exclusive, limited-time deal. Sign up today, and you’ll get 3 months free once you run your first payroll. Just go to Gusto.com/TAPE.