Does Business Investment Follow Data or Gut Feel?
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Reeves Wiedeman, contributing editor at New York magazine, who has written for the New Yorker, the New York Times Magazine, Rolling Stone, Harper’s, and other publications.
Reeves Wiedeman has a new book out today, Billion Dollar Loser: The Epic Rise and Spectacular Fall of Adam Neumann and WeWork. The story of how a company valued at over $47 billion, that set records for raising funds, seemingly crumbled overnight.
Questions I ask Reeves Wiedeman:
- Why give away the ending?
- What was the timeline of your interviews with Adam, CEO of WeWork?
- What was WeWork doing differently in the coworking space?
- When interviewing Adam did you have any hint it was all smoke and mirrors?
- Are there two sides of this story?
- How do you get this amount of detail?
- Is the physical social network not attainable?
- What surprised you in your research?
More about Reeves Wiedeman:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Gusto.
Look paydays are great. Running payroll, calculating taxes, deductions, compliance that’s not easy. Unless you have Gusto! Gusto is simple online payroll and benefits build just for small business. Because you are a listener of this show you get 3 months free once you run your first payroll.
To learn more, go to Gusto.com/tape