Building Good Relationships Is the Goal of Great Networking
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Dr. Ivan Misner who is the founder and chief visionary officer of the business networking organization BNI. BNI was founded in 1985, the organization now has over 9,500 chapters throughout every populated continent of the world. Last year alone, BNI generated almost 12.3 million referrals resulting in $16.7 billion dollars worth of business for its members.
Dr. Misner’s Ph.D. is from the University of Southern California. He is a New York Times Bestselling author who has written 24 books including one of his latest books – Who’s in Your Room? He is also a columnist for Entrepreneur.com and has been a university professor as well as a member of the Board of Trustees for the University of La Verne.
Called the “Father of Modern Networking” by CNN and one of the “Top Networking Experts” by Forbes, Dr. Misner is considered to be one of the world’s leading experts on business networking.
Questions I ask Dr. Ivan Misner:
- Networking gets a bad wrap sometimes, how have you been able to make it an intentional practice?
- Part of the BNI model is weekly in-person meetings, how has BNI evolved during the time of no meetings?
- You wrote a book about a year ago with your wife, Healing Can Be Easy: How I Healed Cancer with the Bodymind. Obviously there was a physical journey in there but then to take it to the mind as well; I wonder if you could share some thoughts on that experience.
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How the BNI model can assist in relationship building during networking
- How building relationships is better during networking than being transactional
- The significant benefit your network and referrals can bring when they are your support network
More about Dr. Ivan Misner:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way: by building real, quality customer relationships. That’s where Klaviyo comes in.
Klaviyo helps you build meaningful relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
Want to learn more? Head to Klaviyo.com/ducttape to schedule a demo.