A lot of people ask me what Duct Tape Marketing is. Usually Duct Tape Marketing represents one of the various parts they’ve come into contact with.
There’s this blog, a podcast, a newsletter, books, self-study courses, and a network of independent Duct Tape Marketing consultants around the globe.
Even with all of those tangible representatives of Duct Tape Marketing, more than anything it’s an audacious idea that marketing for the small business can be simple, effective and affordable when practiced in a systematic fashion.
It’s my experience that any business, regardless of industry, can benefit from this view and that marketing can be stripped down to the effective implementation of these 7 steps and a big part of my business purpose revolves around bringing this message to the small business world
- Develop strategy before tactics – Base all decisions on an ideal customer and core message of difference
- Embrace The Marketing Hourglass – Look at every potential prospect and customer touchpoint and design a remarkable experience
- Adopt the publishing model. – Commit to producing content that builds trust and educates
- Create a total web presence. – Develop a plan that takes advantage of the SEO and social media aspects of being found
- Orchestrate the lead generation trio. – Use technology to create multiple ways to generate leads via advertising, public relations, and referrals
- Drive a lead conversion system. – Develop a sales system that everyone in the organization can use from initial contact to results review
- Live by the marketing calendar. – Make marketing a habit by establishing monthly, weekly and daily action steps
I outlined each step in detail for this week’s AMEX OPENForum post – Read the entire article here – 7 Steps to Creating a Sure-Fire Marketing System