Content as a category of marketing has continued to evolve.
At first we created articles to get found by those using search engines.
Then we realized we needed to use content to build our audience and start capturing email leads.
Then social media came along and overnight everyone was a publisher of content and the hunger for useful content became a foundational element of marketing.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Mark W. Schaefer, speaker, marketing consultant and author of the new book The Content Code: Six Essential Strategies for Igniting Your Content, Your Marketing and Your Business.
In The Content Code, Schaefer explains how we have now evolved to the point where distribution of content is perhaps the most important element in the crowded “content shocked” world we live in today.
Questions I ask Mark:
- What is Content Shock? How do you avoid it?
- What role can marketers play in making your content stand out?
- Why do people share content? What do they share?
What You’ll Learn if You Give a Listen:
- How content marketing has changed over the years
- Why engagement is so important in content marketing
- How new technology will change how we engage with content in the future
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Hostgator, where you’ll get 24 hour live support via chat, phone or email, 1-click WordPress installs, easy-to-use website builder, design services, marketing services like SEO and PPC, and for my listeners: a 30% Discount. Go to www.Hostgator.com/promo/ducttape