How to Pass on a Family Business Successfully
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Jonathan Goldhill, adviser, coach, consultant, trainer, facilitator, and business therapist with 30 years of experience in his craft. He has been guiding closely-held and family-owned businesses since 1987.
Jonathan Goldhill is the author of Disruptive Successor: A Guide to Driving Growth in Your Family Business.
Jonathan Goldhill is also the founder of The Goldhill Group which provides strategic thinking, execution planning, and accountability coaching to businesses.
Questions I ask Jonathan Goldhill:
- Why disrupt?
- Is it hard for aging parents to open up the books of the business to the next generation?
- How do you address the fact that some family members aren’t as qualified?
- Do you run across instances where the two generations have different cultural points of view?
- What’s the role for the older generation when it’s time for the younger generation to take over?
- When you go into a project what’s the first thing you do?
- How is it different working with family businesses than working with a traditional business?
- How early is too early to start planning for this transistion?
More About Jonathan Goldhill:
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Zephyr.
Zephyr is a modern, cloud-based CMS that’s licensed only to agencies. The system is lightweight, easy to use, and incredibly fast. And with an array of beautiful themes to choose from, you can get your clients’ websites up-and-running quickly and with less effort. Or, if you’d rather build a custom site, Zephyr includes agency services to be your plug-and-play dev shop.
Zephyr is passionate about helping agencies create great websites for their clients. To learn more, go to Zephyrcms.com.