The Relationship Between Branding and Emotion
I think most small businesses have trouble relating to some of the best practices of very large organizations. Things like branding and storytelling seem like vague concepts rather than concrete tactics.
My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Javier Sanchez Lamelas. He is the founder and CEO of Top Line Marketing and the author of the book Marketing: The Heart and the Brain of Branding. He and I discuss how to market effectively by appealing to emotion.
Lamelas is a worldwide marketing professional with over 30 years of experience. He has held positions in high profile companies all over the world including Proctor & Gamble and Coca-Cola in their global marketing campaigns.
In this episode we discuss strategies and tactics that apply to every business, regardless of size.
Questions I ask Javier Sanchez Lamelas:
- How do you capture the emotional side of a brand?
- How does a typical business create positive brand values and follow it through with a brand promise?
- What role does storytelling have in communicating the brand value and promise?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- How to pinpoint the human value that will be a positive association with your brand
- How to create a Marketing Factory
- How to know which marketing channels you should focus on
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Javier Sanchez Lamelas:
- Learn more about Javier Sanchez Lamelas and his company.
- Read Marketing: The Heart and the Brain of Branding.
- Connect on LinkedIn.
- Email [email protected].
This week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. Klaviyo is truly a game changer. Unlike traditional ESPs or marketing automation platforms, Klaviyo offers powerful functionality without long implementation or execution cycles. It gives ecommerce marketers access to all relevant data from a variety of tools and makes it available to power smarter, more personalized campaigns. Bottom line, Klaviyo helps ecommerce marketers make more money through super targeted, highly relevant, email and advertising campaigns. Learn more at klaviyo.com.
This week’s episode is also brought to you by ActiveCampaign. This is my new go-to CRM, ESP, and marketing automation platform. With its low cost, any size of business can use it. Starting at $19/month, you can keep track of your clients, see who’s visiting your website, and follow-up based on behavior. Learn more here.