Uncovering New Possibilities in the World of Marketing
On today’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I sit down with modern Renaissance entrepreneur Ben Shapiro.
Shapiro got his start at eBay, where he served as their manager of business development and SEO. He then went on to found his own business and run marketing for a number of early stage startups.
In more recent years, he transitioned into marketing strategy consulting and now runs several popular podcasts, including the MarTech Podcast and Voices of Search. (See why I called him a modern Renaissance man?)
We do a deep dive into the current marketing landscape. A lot is changing, but with change comes possibility. Shapiro weighs in on how to follow your intuition, tap into your network, and look for opportunities to grow and to help others.
Questions I ask Ben Shapiro:
- Are we at a point where podcasting might become over-saturated, or is this the format people want for their content?
- What is the story of StrumSchool.com?
- How are you investing in yourself right now?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What really matters when it comes to creating a successful podcast (or great content in any format).
- Why companies should consider getting into a content business.
- How to approach going independent, whether that’s the next big step in your career, or you’re doing it for the time being in between roles.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Ben Shapiro:
- Learn more about Ben Shapiro
- Check out Shapiro’s Podcast Network (including the MarTech Podcast and Voices of Search)
- Follow on Instagram
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by AWeber.
With more than 20 years of proven success helping more than one million small businesses around the world, AWeber’s powerfully simple email marketing solutions make it easy for you to connect with people and build your business.
AWeber empowers you to quickly and easily build lists of subscribers, send and automate emails and newsletters, and analyze your campaigns’ performance. AWeber’s solutions, along with their award-winning customer support, eliminate the complications that can come with email marketing. Go to Aweber.com for a free, 30-day trial.