The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Translating Accounting
In this episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast, I interview Spencer Sheinin, the founder and CEO of Shift Financial Insights, providing ridiculously simple accounting and financial insights for businesses on the rise. Guided by the belief that entrepreneurs can change the world, Shift is on a mission to help small and medium-sized businesses by removing their financial blind spots and turning the numbers side of the business from a source of pain to a source of power!
Spencer Sheninin’s latest book Entreprenumbers: The Surprisingly Simple Path to Financial Clarity, is not going to teach you about accounting or even how to read your financial statements. Instead, you will learn how to confidently direct your bookkeeper/accounting team to get you the right information, at the right time, and, most importantly, in a format that works for you (intuitive with no accounting jargon).
Questions I ask Spencer Sheinin:
- I read somewhere that you describe yourself as uniquely positioned to serve as a translator between accountants and entrepreneurs; why do we need translators?
- Would reporting like that, for example, be more useful to a bank instead of always asking for balance sheets? Would it be more useful in telling the story of the health of the business?
- Is there a size, state, or maturity of business where they should really get serious about this or is this something that is for once you are at this growth level you start thinking about?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- What entreprenumbers are and how they can help
- How to simplify the idea of the accounting information with examples that are easier to visualize
- The top 3 insights of things to pay attention to and how a business will have their insights evolve with time
More about Spencer Sheinin:
- For more about entreprenumbers.com
- The first 1/2 dozen to reach out using Duct Tape Marketing in subject line will get a free consultation and go through their financials together and what insights may be relevant for their business – email Spencer at [email protected]
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Klaviyo. If you’re looking to grow your business there is only one way: by building real, quality customer relationships. That’s where Klaviyo comes in.
Klaviyo helps you build meaningful relationships by listening and understanding cues from your customers, allowing you to easily turn that information into valuable marketing messages.
Want to learn more? Head to Klaviyo.com/ducttape to schedule a demo.