What Sport Can Teach Us About Business
Today’s guest on the podcast is Alan Stein, Jr. He is a corporate performance coach, speaker, and author of the book Raise Your Game: High Performance Secrets From the Best of the Best.
Stein began his career as a basketball performance coach for some of the most elite athletes in the game, and has since expanded his work to include corporate training and keynote speaking. He takes the lessons that he learned in sports and applies them to business leadership, performance, and accountability.
On the podcast, we discuss the principles that apply in both sports and business, and how you can strengthen your work team, regardless of the size of your company.
Questions I ask Alan Stein, Jr.:
- Are there things that successful people do differently?
- What is the importance of learning to live present?
- How do you help your employees develop self awareness?
What you’ll learn if you give a listen:
- Why it’s important to distinguish between “simple” and “easy.”
- How listening can help you in any facet of business, from leadership to sales.
- What we truly mean when we talk about servant leadership.
Key takeaways from the episode and more about Alan Stein, Jr.:
- Learn more about Alan Stein, Jr.
- Learn more about Raise Your Game
- Follow on Facebook
- Follow on Instagram
- Follow on Twitter
- Connect on LinkedIn
Like this show? Click on over and give us a review on iTunes, please!
This episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is brought to you by Asana! Asana is a work management tool to keep your entire team on track. The Duct Tape team relies on Asana to unify communication, assign and delegate tasks, and manage deliverables for everything from individual meetings to big client projects.
To help support the show, Asana is offering our listeners an exclusive deal. You can get a free, 30-day trial. Just go to asana.com/ducttape.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn - Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND