Be Easy To Refer
People do like to make referrals.
The problem often though is like everything in life, the squeaky wheel is using up all of their grease. So, instead of just squeaking louder yourself, give them some more grease.
Create a whole series of referral tools and put them in the hands of those you know can best refer you to others.
Here are some of my favorite examples
- Mail a personal letter and enclosed a “proposed letter of referral” that simply needs to be copied onto their letterhead.
- Send four referral type postcards, already stamped and ready for them to send
- Send them a supply of business cards
- A supply of pens with your company logo
- A list of names or target prospects
You get the idea – be easy to refer and you will be the provider of choice when the referral moment arises.
A CPA reader of mine, MaryAnn Soukup, developed a little mini brochure with a tear off business card for this purpose – What a great little inexpensive marketing piece!
This is the type of tactic you will find through Referral Flood.
7 Steps to Scale Your Consulting Practice Without Adding Overhead
The Duct Tape Marketing Consultant Network has helped me to grow my business by over 40% in the last 12 months. ~ Michael Quinn - Michael Quinn Agency, Fargo, ND